Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Digital Classrooms

The most important things to consider when designing a digital classroom is access to everyone. I feel as if it is important for each student to have equal opportunities when accessing technology. Students should all get opportunities with iPads, laptops, interactive whiteboards, etc. I think it is important to have technology organized and easily accessible to students. It is important that all of the technology tools are on the same setting, that they are all logged in, and that the students know how to work each tool.



The main things that I have considered in designing a digital classroom is organization and accessibility. It is important that the teacher understands the tools just as well as the students. A teacher should not have any tool out that they are not 100% certain they know how to run. Students generally know their way around technology and it can quickly be turned into an inappropriate tool.

I decided that excessive digital tools weren't necessary, for example tools that are only usable for one or two activities. It is much more benefitting if the students are familiar with two or three technology tools that are very versatile rather than six or seven that they do not know how to use. 

I hope to have enough resources in my future classroom to effect the students in a positive way. I do not want the technology tools to be a distraction to the students, I want them to know how to operate them to assist their learning. Digital learning changes daily so the tools that I will have in my classroom are most likely not popular today.

No comments:

Post a Comment